Monday, October 13, 2008

I think I am...

...a loner. I always thought I was one, but I'm becoming increasingly sure of it with each passing day. Well, we'll just have to add that to my list of colorful qualities!

As per Wiki:
A loner is a label for a person who does not actively seek, avoids, or is isolated from human interaction. There are many reasons for solitude, intentional or otherwise. Various mental illnesses and social difficulties can be linked to reclusiveness; however no specific cause is implied by the term loner. The term loner is usually used with a negative connotation in the belief that humans are social creatures and those that do not participate are different. The label has often been applied pejoratively by the media to individuals deemed strange or pathetic. The loner may take pride in or be ashamed of his or her behavior.

I'm neither proud...nor ashamed.

No comments: